Saturday 14 March 2015

Chung Ying Central

We arrived at the restaurant on a busy Saturday evening around 8pm and were shown to our table quickly. I spent the first 5 minutes moaning to Laura about the absence of any real ale on the drinks menu. I had to have lager :(

For food, Laura and I  both opted for a dim sum and a main each. Laura went for the shredded squid with chilli dipping sauce . I went for something different that I had never tried before and I have also seen this dish in my 'Street Food' recipe book. I went for chicken feet in black bean sauce. Not only did my starter arrive a good 5-10 minutes after Laura's starter but I then put Laura through her worst nightmare and was chewing and  pulling tiny bones from my mouth. I will  admit that I found it very difficult to eat, but the flavour was excellent. The 2 dishes were chosen from the dim sum menu and were very reasonable at £4 each.


For the mains I went safe and ordered lemon and honey chicken and Laura went for crispy shredded beef in chilli sauce (and side portions of steamed rice and vermicelli Singapore style noodles. When the food arrived I was left waiting for my main dish for an extra 10 minutes again.  The food was nicely presented and the portions were very generous.



Service in general was ok but I did find one of the waitresses quite rude and she seemed really fed up when serving and taking our orders. They were also unapologetic about my extended waiting time for both courses!
Overall, I  enjoyed my dishes and drinks and I wouldn't let the below average service that night stop me from returning again, especially as Chung Ying Central also have a two for one menu available 4-7pm from Mondays to Saturdays. The food is affordable and I think it makes a decent place to visit after work or even for those who fancy some Oriental cuisine!

No comments:

Post a Comment